Looking for a few more copper accents to place around your apartment? Enjoy this super simple DIY for copper accent candles to help add the perfect touch of copper to your space.
What you need:
– Soy Wax Flakes
– Inexpensive Metal Bowl
– Essential Oil (I used eucalyptus from Saje)
– Copper Pipe Tube Caps (I used 1 inch and 1 3/4 inch caps)
– Hot Glue Gun & Hot Glue
– Skewer Sticks or Bobby Pins
How to make it:
– Hot glue the wick to the centre of the copper tube cap. Ensure the wick is longer than needed, as you can cut it down later.
– Place a skewer stick or bobby pin across the top of the cap to guide the wick to the centre and to keep it in place while drying.
– Place a pot on the stove with water and bring it to a boil.
– Place your inexpensive metal bowl in the boiling water.
– Slowly scoop soy wax flakes into the bowl.
– Stir wax flakes frequently until melted to a consistent liquid.
– Add in 10 drops of essential oils for every 6 cups of soy wax flakes added and stir to combine.
– Remove bowl from water using oven mitts.
– Slowly and carefully, pour melted wax into copper tube caps.
– Allow wax to cool completely and then trim the wick to about a 1/2 inch.
– Then, place them throughout your apartment & enjoy!
Did this DIY inspire you to create your own? Submit pictures of your DIY Copper Accent Candles by tagging @CaleyVanular #CopperCandles on Twitter.